What can damage your skin barrier?
Every day, your skin confronts a barrage of threats, many of which come from outside your body and a few that come from within.
Some of the external and internal conditions that can affect your skin barrier include:
- an environment that’s either too humid or too dry
- allergens, irritants, and pollutants
- too much sun exposure
- alkaline detergents and soaps
- exposure to harsh chemicals
- over-exfoliation or over-washing
- psychological distressTrusted Source
- genetic factors that may make you more prone to certain skin conditions like atopic dermatitis and psoriasis
When choosing a moisturizer, look for:
- plant oils
- anti inflammatory actives
57N specializes in trouble and acne skin, to provide essential actives that work to promote healing and repair of skin.