While there are many reasons why plant-based skin products could be a welcomed introduction to your skincare routine, there are a few key benefits worth highlighting:
- Antioxidant-rich plant-based skincare products work to restore and strengthen your body’s cells by combating free radicals (oxidants).
- The vitamins featured in plant-based skincare products are vital to maintaining the health of your skin. They also support cell repair and can help decrease signs of aging.
- Essential fats and acids offer a number of skin benefits such as helping to calm acne, fight dryness, combat oiliness, smooth scars, and increase skin elasticity.
- The word hydrocolloids may sound a little foreign, but these naturally occurring polymers give plant-based skincare products a natural texture without the need for harmful petrochemicals or other synthesized polymers.
- Naturally occurring lipids and esters help support the skin’s natural defense barrier to smooth, protect, and repair. Such substances are often used as emollients and conditioning agents to keep skin healthy and hydrated.