With the holiday season coming around, we want to feel- and look- our best.
As the saying goes, ” you are what you eat”. This cannot be more true when it comes to metabolism, digestion, and nutrition.
So here is a simple salad recipe for glowing, clear skin:
The key ingredients in this nourishing salad are rich in vitamins and minerals that help give your skin that radiant glow.
- 2 baby romaine (cos) lettuces, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- ¼ bunch radishes, diced
- ½ x 14 fl oz (400g) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- ¼ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ bunch mint, roughly chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
For the dressing:
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- For the dressing, mash the avocado using a fork. Add apple cider vinegar, lime juice, cayenne pepper, maple syrup, and a pinch of sea salt, and stir until a smooth consistency is achieved. If you have a blender you may prefer to use that.
- In a large bowl, arrange the lettuce leaves, carrot, cucumber, radishes, garbanzo beans (chickpeas), herbs, and onion.
- Dollop dressing generously on your salad. Mix through before eating.